Re: Password file with over 3000 users.

On 24.09.07 08:24, Craig Sanders wrote:
> hooray.  lets all go back to the 1970s.

bullshit. This way you can say that need for a shell and terminals is going
back to the 70s because now we can have window environment, interactive
applications and perl (or visual basic?) for scripting.

> mandating POSIX compliance for init.d and other system sh scripts is one
> thing (and not that bad a requirement), but mandating it as the default
> interactive sh is beyond stupid, it's cretinous.

different things. While bash can be standard, it's not really needed to be
login shell for system users (yes, including root). I see nothing bad in
having bash installed when users want/use it or when packages _require_ it.

I see nothing bad when someone uses it as a login shell. But it should not
be forced by anyone.
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.