Re: incremental backups via ftp

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Christian Kujau wrote:
Thanks for all your input! If the curlftps method is failing again, I shall try and add incremental stuff to my upload script (thanks Karl!)

Well, I tried FUSE and curlftpfs with 2.6.18 for the last few days, but it hangs and gets stuck every now and then. A 'killall -9 curlftpfs' seems to "help" (as suggested in the curlftpfs bugtracker), but I can't use it in production. I've tried a current kernel on a different machine, no good either. Which is too bad, because I really liked the idea of treating ftp:// like just another directory.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do with incremental stuff in my own script.

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #414:

tachyon emissions overloading the system