Debian on HP Proliant DL320 G5 (+3Ware?)

Hello,

We are currently using Supermicro servers (Core2Duo) with 3Ware RAID-1 cards. Because of several hardware failures we are planning of using HP Proliant
DL320 G5 servers (1U, Xeon DualCore,2 SATA Hot-Swap) but with a custom
RAID card because Intel's integrated RAID (82801GR/ICH7R) is not well
supported on Linux (except RH ...).

Do you know if there is any issue with Debian and HP servers and if
adding a RAID card really supported on Linux works well ?

Regards,

Frédéric.