Re: Again, but with a twist: control panel

On Thu Jul 05, 2007 at 17:10:28 +0100, Gavin Westwood wrote:

>    If you do find something, I would appreciate if you point me in that
>    direction.  If you would be interested in working with me find others and
>    to develop this (maybe as a Sourceforge project), I would also be
>    interested in hearing from you.

  Everybody who starts down this path soon realizes that it is an insane
 amount of work.  Especially if you don't have good abstraction in
 place.

  For the moment I've worked on some simple automation scripts which
 are console-based:

    http://vh.cvsrepository.org/

  (Exim4 + Apache2 + Webalizer + MySQL.)

  Something like that, but more flexible, would be a good starting
 point.  Once the core functionality was implemented in shellscripts/
 applications then the GUI wrapper could be added reasonably easily.

  Failing that you could do worse than look at this wiki page:

    http://wiki.debian.org/HostingControlPanels

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration