Re: i-ram vs. tmpfs (was: Re: Mail clustering)

On 4/5/07, Christopher Davis <chris@lifewithchris.com> wrote:

I'm thinking this product woudl rock in terms of linux
firewalls/routers.......memory with a battery backup - another
requirement to up the availability of open source solutions....no hard
drive and no PXE boot server in a back closet for these devices and
frees up memory a small amount of memory...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure a routing or NAT table doesn't take up that much space and lives in RAM anyway

Also, you can use Compact Flash and an adapter to load the OS.