Re: high performance caching bind server

* Jean-Paul Blaquiere schrieb am 12.03.07 um 10:43 Uhr:
> What do people use/recommend for high performance name serving?
> I currently have a few servers running bind9 (9.2.4-1sarge2) serving
> an average 750 requests per second running on Debian/sarge.  kernel-2.4.32
> (the stats say: low: 0.00, peak: 2500, avg: 750)
>
> We are experiencing some ... oddities, where after a few days, the
> receive buffer (8M) fills up and doesn't empty - leaving new requests
> unanswered.
> A restart of the named processes fixes this, however, it's a caching
> only server, and flushing the cache every couple of days defeats its
> reason for existance :P
> It's either a bind problem, a kernel issue, or something in between.
>
> We're either going to replace these, or if there is something we can do
> to poke it and make them happier, we'll do that.
>
> Any ideas?

You may try the PowerDNS recursor. I know PowerDNS is been used by some big
ISP's and I am a happy user of it since some weeks too.
I just installed it and was happy.

==> pdns-recursor  3.1.4-1

-Marc
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter