Re: Webserver Redundacy

Craig Sanders wrote:
> maildir isn't too bad, it avoids most locking issues by having one file
> per message....and most maildir capable programs are well aware of NFS
> locking issues.
>
> craig

I might sound like a dumb, but I haven't used NFS so much. In fact, I
run many small servers, and I don't have much experience of running very
big sites with multiple servers (only did multiple MySQL server for a
single web server at the moment), and when I needed it, I asked my
partners to do the job for me (as they have such experience). Could any
of you explain in details what the locking issue is, and how to avoid it?

Thomas