Re: Webserver Redundacy

Something just occurred to me:

After wading through all the discussions of advertising multiple IPs via DNS vs. using a heartbeat mechanism vs. using LVM, it strikes me that Apache has to be appropriately configured as well.

If one is using "Listen" commands in your Apache config. file, I don't you can simply tell set your backup (or redundant) daemon to listen on addresses that aren't currently active. Won't Apache complain at startup about "can't bind to address?"