Re: Hardware recommendations for Debian server

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 11:42:48AM +0100, John Kelly wrote:
> Andy Smith wrote:
>
> >buy a motherboard that has serial console redirect in the BIOS
> >It's really worth the premium.
>
> I've not found any colo providing a serial port connection with the colo
> service.  Any who do, surely want extra $$$ for it.

Here is a list of colo providers I use who do this for no or little
extra charge:

http://blackcatnetworks.co.uk/
http://www.jump.net.uk/
http://sonic.net/
http://layer42.net/

I can name 5 others off the top of my head who are similar, but I do
not yet use.

I can't believe there are people who regard lack of out-of-band
management as acceptable in a colo environment.

Cheers,
Andy

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB