Hardware recommendations for Debian server

Hi,
I'm looking for an entry-level file/web (and other minor stuff) server for a small company (no more than 20 clients), which will run on Debian Sarge.

I'm still undecided whether I should go for a real branded server or stay with a standard custom made PC. Server hardware is surely interesting, but can anyone here name any such hardware to be recommended or avoided for use with Debian? For example, anyone ever installed Sarge on an Intel SE7230NH1-E server board?

Thanks.

--
01