Re: Hardware recommendations for Debian server

also sprach Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> [2006.06.29.0202 +0200]:
> double for every GB of storage space but it's worth it. it's also faster
> for read access (but slightly slower for writes).

I don't think this is true. If you have the RAID disks on separate
channels, they'll be fully parallel on writes. It's true though that
the Linux md driver *can* serialise reads and improve speed across
RAID 0 or 1.

`. `'`

wind catches lily,
scattering petals to the ground.