Re: Hardware recommendations for Debian server

also sprach ZeroUno <zerozerounouno@gmail.com> [2006.06.29.0103 +0200]:
> I'm still undecided whether I should go for a real branded server or
> stay with a standard custom made PC. Server hardware is surely
> interesting, but can anyone here name any such hardware to be
> recommended or avoided for use with Debian?

I run several such servers on El-Cheapo hardware. If you make sure
to have components ready to replace, that's just fine. No need for
the extra money for the brands... they just cook with water too.

`. `'`

a common mistake that people make
when trying to design something completely foolproof
was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
                                 -- douglas adams, "mostly harmless"