Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:16:44 +0300, Boris Pavlov <edi@elib.minfin.bg>
wrote:

>"I'll gladly sacrifice 20% of "legit" mail to stop 99.5% of all SPAM."
>"... but the clueless admins will become extinct.  And good riddance."

>we've overburden the poor smt protocol with all sort of ... addons, filters et cetera

Not overburden; make smarter use of it.

>i.e. registration process for the mail servers, just like the reverse DNS registration.

A formal whitelist registry of mail servers is unnecessary.

Proper reverse DNS, which tags the originator with a recognizable host
name, *is* a whitelist registry.  Once you know the host name, you can
filter out dynamic ip's.  Then add a few key blacklists, and you're in
good shape to stop 99.5% of all spam.

> it is really pity to see all of us falling into this endless pit.

A pit?  I don't think so.  Last week I received 0 spam, and plenty of
legit mail.  My method works.

>i'll try to keep this my last message here:

Heh.