Re: freshclam cache?

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 23:34 +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Run apache on one host, and set this up:
>
> <VirtualHost localmirror.example.com:80>
>      DocumentRoot /var/lib/clamav/
>      (other options)
> </VirtualHost>
>
> The run freshclam on that machine, and repoint the other machine's
> freshclam.conf to localmirror.example.com.  No need to reinvent the wheel.

I've got that part.  What I don't understand is how will freshclam on a
local system know to pull updates from the localmirror?  Won't freshclam
on hostX only know about updates when it gets DNS info from
current.cvd.clamav.net?  If so, it seems to me that hostX will be out of
sync if it gets a DNS update before the localmirror does, right?

Thanks for the help,

-Jim P.