Re: freshclam cache?

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 22:54 +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> That was why I originally suggested a local http, but YMMV.

I do like that idea.  Let me ask a few questions:

1) If I use wget every half-hour to get
http://db.local.clamav.net/daily.cvd will that be acceptable use
(connection time wise)?

2) Should I just push that to each server via scp and then ssh in and
HUP clamd?  Or should I still let each server rely on freshclam's DNS
queries for current.cvd.clamav.net which are handled locally by our DNS
cache server, and then a local apache install for distribution?

The reason for the second question is that I'm not quite clear on how
the systems will know to fetch the updated daily.cvd if the wget fires
after the systems determine there is an update

Thanks,

-Jim P.