Re: freshclam cache?

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 at  0:09:19 -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> In a server farm, is there anyway to cache clamav updates (daily.cvd)
> such that all only one server needs to sync with the upstream as opposed
> to all 50?  I googled a bit and couldn't find anything relevant.

It's in FAQ.

   26. I'm running ClamAV on a lot of clients on my local network. Can I
       mirror the database locally so that each client doesn't have to
       download it from your servers?

     Sure, install a proxy server and then configure your freshclam
     clients to use it (watch for the HTTPProxyServer parameter in man
     freshclam.conf). Alternatively you can configure a local webserver
     on one of your machines (say machine1.mylan) and let freshclam
     download the *.cvd files from http://database.clamav.net to the
     webserver's DocumentRoot. Finally, change freshclam.conf on your
     clients so that it reads:
     DatabaseMirror machine1.mylan
     First the database will be downloaded to the local webserver and
     then the other clients on the network will update their copy of the
     database from it.

 Tomasz Papszun    SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland    | And it's only
 tomek at lodz.tpsa.pl http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.
 tomek at clamav.net   http://www.ClamAV.net/   A GPL virus scanner