Re: lack of entropy

On 13.11.06 15:06, Marek Podmaka wrote:
>   I know that using /dev/urandom doesn't block. But it's me who is
>   using it. I suppose that it is either apache-ssl (but only http
>   vhosts are configured now), php5 or mysql5. Only this is using the
>   system (and very little outgoing mail and ftp transfers). So I have
>   no idea how to change it (and linking /dev/random to /dev/urandom is
>   a bad idea I think :)

apache.conf:

SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom 512
SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/urandom 512

php.conf:

session.entropy_file = /dev/urandom

for ssl (I guess) /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf:
RANDFILE = /dev/urandom

dunno about the MySQL, it may use SSL library, use the above.

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod