Re: lack of entropy

Hello,

Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 2:03:34, "Uwe A. P. Würdinger" wrote:

> apt-get install rng-tools
> echo 'RNGDOPTIONS="-b -r /dev/urandom"' >> /etc/default/rng-tools
> /etc/init.d/rng-tools start

I just did this before 2 days :) But my question is how bad this is?
We are in fact trying to generate some entropy for /dev/random from
/dev/urandom. I think urandom output is determined by the /dev/random
state... And we are reading from urandom when the entropy is low (ok,
maybe we read in ahead of this). But aren't we creating some loop
here? But as a temp solution it is good :)

--
  bYE, Marki