lack of entropy

Hello all,

  I have installed new HP ML150 G3, with 2.6.18.2 kernel. The problem
  is that I have very few entropy available (less than 200 as reported
  by /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail). This causes performance
  issues - apache can't handle more requests, although no data is
  being read from disk (all cached, only log files are being written)
  as CPU is utilized only to about 30%.

  Did you also have this problem? How did you solve it? Unfortunately
  this motherboard (Intel 5000V) does not have a HW random generator
  (I tried the kernel modules). I'm starting to think about adding
  some old PCI Soundblaster to the server and using Audio Entropy
  Daemon (http://www.vanheusden.com/aed/). Any other (cheap) ideas?

      thanks

--
  bYE, Marki