Re: mii-diag returns strange errors

bad auto-negotiate or bad cable. not knowing any other details i can't say if 11mbit is good or not since you weren't clear on what you're serving or how.

you can try locking both sides to say 100mbps/fdx or 100mbps/hdx and see if that clears things up, or making sure you've no locked settings on the catalyst (locking any setting on the a catalyst is known to make autoneg prone to fail)