Re: Apache .wmv file help

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 12:05:29PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 01:17:28PM -0300, Luiz Felipe wrote:
> > You can force users to use podcast instead wmv files and provide a way
> > to users do the publish the files.
> > podcast, generally, works as a radio or TV.
> >
> Unfortunately, many people still do not know what a podcast is.  In
> fact, I consider myself very up-to-speed on technology issues and I
> only have a vague notion of what a podcast is and have never in fact
> encountered one beyond hearing people talk about them or seeing podcast
> links on web pages.

more importantly, anything that can be streamed can be saved to disk. it
makes no difference whether it is a .wmv file or a podcast or whatever.

once it gets to the user's computer, there is NO WAY to control what
they do with it. sure, there are all sorts of snake-oil technologies and
methods (e.g. DRM) which claim to be able to do that, but all they can
do is make it more difficult.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)