Re: Spamassassin & Investor Spam

Micah Anderson wrote:

Dan MacNeil wrote:

I'd also look at using Spamassassin 3.1.3 or 3.1.5  from backports.org ,
testing or volatile.  The latest versions of SA include sa-update a good
tool for keeping the core SA rules up to date.

3.1.4 requires a patch/upgrade to amavis which might be a pain if you
are using the Sarge Amavis

Can you reference a URL for more information about this patch to amavis
that is needed? Its not in volatile itself, and I think quite a few
people tie spamassassin with amavis, so it would be good to know about!

I know we used SA from backports.org

Above was from my memory of touching my tongue to the firehose that is the amavis and SA lists and talking to our anti-SPAM guy (who is on vacation) over coffee.

I believe the link below covers it, searching the original list archives
at apache.org will probably be better:

http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.unix.amavis-user/browse_thread/thread/7cb0ff34784c2244/1d74dc32261ed7ff%231d74dc32261ed7ff

Sorry for not providing more detail.