Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:38:30AM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:
> At 10:43 AM 7/26/2006 +0800, Shane Chrisp wrote:
> >I find it amazing that those who have problems are generally those who
> >thinks the world of 'privately owned, connected networks' owes them
> >something. SORBS is doing something some like and use and others dont
> >like and dont use. They are not forcing anything upon anyone, the mail
> >admins do so at thier own choice.
>
> That's a cop out.  I've used this analogy before and I'll state it again.
> It's like farting in an elevator and saying, "hey it's ur choice to ride the
> elevator or not.  U don't have to smell it if u don't want to, it's ur
> choice!!".

no, it's nothing at all like that. an elevator is a shared space. a
mail server is private property and the owner/admin has every right to
restrict access using whatever criteria they like.

> Now can there be no more SORBS posts?

that would be good....but it will only happen if people who think they
have a right to access other people's mail servers whenever they want,
even against the owners' wishes, will stop whining.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)