Re: OT: sorbs blacklisting scam

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 20:17, Craig Sanders wrote:
> even if what you are saying isn't true, anyone suing would have to prove
> deliberate malicious intent on your part before they could get any
> compensation (in most jurisdictions - the internet is global, different
> locations have different laws).

You are mistaken Craig.  Consider our case.  A spam was sent
with the sender's address forged as one of SORBS's honeypots.
Although I lot of spam is rejected during SMTP delivery, this
was accepted and subsequently bounced.  Unlike reputable RBLs,
SORBS does not filter bounces of forgeries.

There need be no malicious intent.  SORBS would be liable for
damages for negligence should anyone have the time or money
to invest in ridding the net of this nuisance.

--Mike Bird