Re: Pentium IV router vs. Cisco router

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:15:26PM -0300, Pablo wrote:
> be to small to handle the load of our net? I think it isn't but some others
> wants a CISCO 3845 (me too ;·) but that isn't the question this time)
> I don't know how to correct measure the load:.. and the requirements :·(
> derived from them, any ideas?

I suggest running a munin-node on the router. With it you can get graphs
displaying metrics such as packet throughput, bits per second per interface,
cpu usage and interrupt rates. Those graphs should give you a better view on
what kind of load do you get with your current hardware and where the
bottlenecks are if there are any.