apache Character set problem

Hi,

I'm having some trouble trying to make the character sets work properly with my default install of woody apache.

The pages are being created by apple iWeb, and contain funny characters unless you manually switch your browser's Character Encoding to UTF-8.

Here is a test page if you'd like to see:
http://porter.qnorth.net/iwebtest.html

If I copy this exact same file to a Apple OSX server (running the default apache webserver setup), it works perfectly and displays by default in UTF-8.

I've tried setting up an .htaccess which contains "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8", and+or changing / adding the following in httpd.conf

AddCharset UCS-4        .ucs4
AddCharset UTF-8        .utf8

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

...but haven't had any luck with either.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could make this work?