Re: Dell powervault 112T tape drive

Am Donnerstag, den  2. Februar hub Maximilian Wilhelm folgendes in die Tasten:

> Am Donnerstag, den  2. Februar hub Radhika folgendes in die Tasten:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed dell powervault 112t with debian fresh installation.
> > Now i want to check if this powervault scsi is detected or not how can
> > i check if the tape drive is working i can use dd command to copy something
> > from my hard disk to tape drive
> > How to do this.

> Does the device show up in /proc/scsi/scsi?

> My Dell PV 132T shows up as the following:

Sorry, I was asuming that you have a library, but as I've seen it's
"only" a drive.

> $ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: DELL     Model: PV-132T          Rev: 105D
>   Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: IBM      Model: ULTRIUM-TD1      Rev: 25D4
>   Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03

> > Which device it will detect /dev/nst0 or something else how to findout

> Assuming the it's the first library found by the system, what does
> # mtx -f /dev/sg0 status
> show?

That will not work with a single drive... sorry.

# mt -f /dev/st0 status
should show some information about the drive status.

Ciao
Max
--
|           |                 Follow the white penguin.
|  |  |/\|  |  Rechnerbetrieb Mathematik  |   Meine Baustellen:  TSM    |
|           |  Universitaet Paderborn     |   Hostmaster, Linux, LDAP   |