Re: Dell powervault 112T tape drive

Am Donnerstag, den  2. Februar hub Radhika folgendes in die Tasten:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed dell powervault 112t with debian fresh installation.
> Now i want to check if this powervault scsi is detected or not how can
> i check if the tape drive is working i can use dd command to copy something
> from my hard disk to tape drive
> How to do this.

Does the device show up in /proc/scsi/scsi?

My Dell PV 132T shows up as the following:

$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: DELL     Model: PV-132T          Rev: 105D
  Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: ULTRIUM-TD1      Rev: 25D4
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03

> Which device it will detect /dev/nst0 or something else how to findout

Assuming the it's the first library found by the system, what does
# mtx -f /dev/sg0 status
show?

# mtx -f /dev/sg0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg0:1 Drives, 22 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
  Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
        Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=000046
        Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=000047
[...]

HTH
Ciao
Max
--
|           |                 Follow the white penguin.
|  |  |/\|  |  Rechnerbetrieb Mathematik  |   Meine Baustellen:  TSM    |
|           |  Universitaet Paderborn     |   Hostmaster, Linux, LDAP   |