Re: suggested virus scanner for postfix (?)

jack wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I'm trying to figure out what virus scanner to go with and was hoping
> for some opinions + experience. I'm using postfix with mysql virtual
> users (about 10k accounts).
>
> I'm after something fast, stable, and efficient under high load.
>
> Also, I'd like to have some sort of notification and/or bounce when a
> message contains a virus.
>
> I installed clamsmtp a while ago after reading the following which
> works ok, but it just drops messages that contain viruses rather then
> notifying anyone. (IS it possible to 'notify' with clamsmtp?)
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/259
>
> Any info appreciated!

Don't bouce it if you can help it. 99.99% of the time the return address
will be false and you just end up wasting everyone bandwidth. What you
regulalry find is that the return address is valid, but in no way
connected with the spammer so you end up inundating someones mailbox
with bounce notifications

Dave