From: "Phil Dyer" <phil@dyermaker.org>
To: "Pablo" <paa-listas@argentina.com>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: iptables -j LOG no going to syslogd but to dmesg....

You only replied to me, not sure if you wanted to take it off the
debian-isp list or not...

anyway, make sure there is a line in your /etc/syslogd.conf that tells
it where to put kern.* messages... mine looks like this:

kern.*                          -/var/log/kern.log

If you are using syslog-ng, then look at the syslog-ng.conf file.

You should not need the ULOG stuff or anything like that. iptables uses
syslog by default.

-phil

--

phil