Re: RAD FCD-24 and X.21/V.35 Controller for Linux

You may wish to compare pricing on the serial interface card versus the cost of getting an E1 card with the CSU/DSU integrated.  It may be similar or even cheaper, even though you already have those external CSU/DSU multiplexers.

You may also want to consider the ease of maintenance and easy replacement of parts by using some commodity router, like a Cisco 1700 series or something.  When lightning strikes and takes out your equipment, simply replacing the router, who's entire configuration lays in a text file, is easier than replacing a host that may have had valuable data upon it.

You are best qualified to make this decision though, since you know what sort of duties that host will be performing.

Good luck on your project!  It sounds like fun -- or busy anyway.

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = jesse@opendreams.net