Re: Billing-Software for managing an ISP

> Which Software do you use fo Billing your clients? I am Looking For a
> Software (opensource) which has all my clients, products and all ohter
> informations in a database and which looks which bills have to be sent
> out, which are payed and which are not payed.
> It would be nice if it can create the Bills and send them to the clients
> with an Email. It would be fantastic if it uses HBCI to look, which
> bills are payed etc.etc.etc....

About 3 years ago I started working with a new dialup ISP and it was
decided to use Freeside (http://www.sisd.com/freeside/). It is very
complete, has great documentation, and a nice set of Perl modules.
However, it is very slow. Once I was able to get to know all the
modules, I was able to hack away at the standard web interface and
totally customize it and re-arrange it. I also ended up writing other
applications using the modules so customers can sign up for products
on their own and view their billing history.

Like I mentioned, though, it was really slow.. maybe it has gotten
better since 3 years ago but I ended up getting so impatient that I
convinced the company to let me re-write everything in PHP. It was
definitely faster but I did not bring over any of Freesides modular
and OO features so it was not very extendible.

Might be worth looking into though.

--
Joe Topjian
email: joetopjian@gmail.com