Re: Billing-Software for managing an ISP

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 03:01:47PM -0500, R. W. Rodolico wrote:

> I used the web based SQL-Ledger. It has a few things I don't like,
> like the inability to do recurring invoices (some of my clients are
> billed the same amount each month and I have to manually enter them
> each month), but overall it is pretty good. Very complete; it has
> much, much more than I need which makes it overly complicated for my
> needs. But, it is written in Perl, and uses a PostgreSQL back end (no
> other options I am aware of).

This is what I use as well.

> Very limited documentation, unless you want to spend $120US to
> purchase the manual.

You also get a year of email support.  For me, buying the manual was
well worth the cost for this reason.

> But, the manual contains information on how the modify the program
> (which I will do, one of these days, so I don't have to manually input
> my recurring invoices each month).

I am also working on this (I have started with a simple report--if you
would like to collaborate, please contact me off list).

> Invoices can be printed and/or sent via e-mail. No preferences for
> clients to allow you to create a bunch of invoices and either e-mail
> or print based upon each client's preferences, so you end up
> manually printing/e-mailing invoices.

Yes, and invoices and late statements are PDF's generated by Latex so
you can do nice customizations.