problem with AuthCookieName and Apache

 Hi Friends,

 I has a problem with my configuration of AuthCookieName and Apache,  I has
 apache 1.3 on debian woody , i has this :

  in http.conf

  # permite tomar de una cookie el login y pass
  LoadModule cookie_auth_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_cookie.so

  the file of .so exists as ls shows me

  -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         5684 Jun 25  2004
  /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_cookie.so

  the apache -l says

  morpheo:# apache -l
  Compiled-in modules:
    http_core.c
    mod_so.c
    mod_macro.c
  suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/lib/apache/suexec

  the protected folder "protegida" has the
  morpheo:# cat .htaccess
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName El realm
  AuthUserFile /home/kiiop/claves/tienda
  require valid-user
  AuthCookieName VisitorID

  in my php file
    setcookie("VisitorID","$numtarjeta:$pin",time()+7200);
    header("Location: ./validado.php?numtarjeta=" . $numtarjeta . "&pin=" .
  $pin);

  and validado.php
  <?
  header("Location: ../protegida/");
  ?>

  I has do the steps describe in

http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~moniot/Classes/InternetWebF01/cookie-htaccess-ho
wto.html

  ( this howto seems to be for redhat and I has debian)

  but when i set the cookie (which i has seen on a browser alert) then the
  apache dont seem to take the VisitorID cookie to pass it to the realm
  .htaccess.
  It seems as this system of mod_auth_cookie does not been working on my
  system.

  I has see the error.log of apache but it dont say nothing.

  Please, Could you help me? Thanks in advance,

  Saludos,
 Francisco Castillo.