problem with AuthCookieName and Apache

 Hi Friends,

 I has a problem with my configuration of AuthCookieName and Apache,  I has
apache 1.3 on debian woody , i has this :

 in http.conf

 # permite tomar de una cookie el login y pass
 LoadModule cookie_auth_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_cookie.so

 the file of .so exists as ls shows me

 -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         5684 Jun 25  2004
 /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_cookie.so

 the apache -l says

 morpheo:# apache -l
 Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_so.c
   mod_macro.c
 suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/lib/apache/suexec

 the protected folder "protegida" has the
 morpheo:# cat .htaccess
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName El realm
 AuthUserFile /home/kiiop/claves/tienda
 require valid-user
 AuthCookieName VisitorID

 in my php file
   setcookie("VisitorID","$numtarjeta:$pin",time()+7200);
   header("Location: ./validado.php?numtarjeta=" . $numtarjeta . "&pin=" .
 $pin);

 and validado.php
 <?
 header("Location: ../protegida/");
 ?>

 I has do the steps describe in

http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~moniot/Classes/InternetWebF01/cookie-htaccess-ho
 wto.html

 ( this howto seems to be for redhat and I has debian)

 but when i set the cookie (which i has seen on a browser alert) then the
 apache dont seem to take the VisitorID cookie to pass it to the realm
 .htaccess.
 It seems as this system of mod_auth_cookie does not been working on my
 system.

 I has see the error.log of apache but it dont say nothing.

 Please, Could you help me? Thanks in advance,

 Saludos,
Francisco Castillo.