Re: Sending out welcome e-mail using Postfix

also sprach Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> [2005.04.12.1709 +0200]:
> Ans I like to see an "adduser" option which let me execute a script
> after the new $USER is created
>
> (all $VAR should be exported to the command)

From adduser(8):

  If  the  file /usr/local/sbin/adduser.local exists, it will be
  executed after the user account has been set up in order to do any
  local  setup. The arguments passed to adduser.local are: username
  uid  gid  home-directory, and the environment variables DEBUG and
  VERBOSE will be set according to the settings in  the  master
  program.

`. `'`

"common sense is the collection of prejudices
 acquired by age eighteen."
                                                    -- albert einstein