Re: Sending out welcome e-mail using Postfix

Omar Al-Siaghi wrote:

Hi everyone,
I tried looking in the FAQ, Documentation, but no luck. Is there a way to set up postfix to send out an automated e-mail to new users? If there is a howto or any kind of documentation on this, please point me to it. I had no luck on google either, maybe I am searching for the wrong terms. Thanks in advance.

if you copy a skel directory when you setup a user account, you could put the welcome email in there. perhaps with a perl wrapper to do variable substitution to personalize it.