Re: chroot with virtual IP-Address

also sprach Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> [2005.04.01.1336 +0200]:
> I have the need, that each chroot/server has his own IP-Address.

As they all use the same IP stack, no way. You will need UML, xen,
qemu for this to work.

That said, you can still start e.g. SSH servers in each chroot and
bind them to specific sockets, but the master machine will need to
have all the IPs added (ip addr add 1.2.3.4 dev eth0) to its
interface, and users in chroots can bind to the IPs of other
chroots. I would assume that a MAC system (e.g. RSBAC, SELinux) can
be used to prevent this.

`. `'`

have you drugged your kids today?