Re[2]: Any known rules for max vhosts for apache? Tools?

Hello Jacob,

Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 2:28:07, you wrote:

JS> Peter Holm <listbot@gmx.de> wrote:
>> are there any rules for calculating the max vhosts / cpu / memory
>> needed for x domains?

  We are running 1.2GHz 1GB RAM server with ~500 vhosts (about 120
  domains). Most of them have very little traffic and few have quite
  big traffic (>30 GB/month). But it depends what causes that traffic
  - on these websites it's photos and some small downloads - so almost
  no requirements for CPU. I think the nearest problem won't be
  CPU/MEM, but max. number of apache1.3 processes (250). Almost all
  sites are php, but nothing CPU intensive, so cpu load is small (>1
  only because of awstats processing logfiles).

--
  bYE, Marki