Backups between servers

I have three web servers and would like them to back each other up.
They host around 60 sites and a couple of hundred e-mail accounts.
They are on the same subnet.

In the past I have allowed root on one machine to ssh into the
others as "authorized keys" so I could run rsync as a cron job. It
works, but I'm worried about security. If the "master" machine is
ever cracked, it gives a good loophole into the others.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to authorize a machine to only
execute a limited set of commands on another (ie, rsync).

Thanks for your help.

Rod

--
Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons
    for thou art crunchy, and good with catsup.