RSS output from apt?

While reading about Fedora yesterday... I came across an interesting tidbit.

One of their package management tools, "yum", allows for writing results to an RSS file. I guess what some folks do is have yum in a cron job that runs daily in automatic-update mode. Then, it writes the results of what it did to an RSS file, that they can check later with a RSS reader.

I kinda like that idea. Is there any way to do that with apt-get or another Debian tool?

- Joe