Re: mailing list manager question

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 12:02:49PM -0500, Peter Dumpert wrote:
> "Such details as the date a nd time when the e-mail address was obtained
> along with the IP address of the subscriber and the web site they
> visited to sign-up must be made available to AOL upon request."
>
> I am currently using majordomo, which definitely does not comply. Does
> any one know of mailing list software (debian package preferred but not
> required) that does?

Why are you positive it does not comply?  It sounds like they just
want to know exactly what caused the users to subscribe.  It's been
years since I used majordomo but can't you have it require
confirmation on subscribe and then just keep all the confirmation
emails which would give you everything you would need to give to AOL
in one place?

Also find out why they have taken an interest in you.  It must be
pretty out of the ordinary for you to stand out amongst the billions
of emails AOL gets per day.  Ask to get on their feedback loop where
they will tell you about the emails from your network that their
users are classifying as spam.  This will allow you to investigate
pre-emptively before AOL comes knocking.