Re: Server replication backup on webserver

I LIKE it.  I HATE it.  I LIKE it.  I HATE it.  I LIKE it.
I HATE it.  I LIKE..  EMOTIONS are SWEEPING over me!!
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:31:30 +0100

Quoting Keith Edmunds <keith@midnighthax.com>:

> Radhika wrote:
>> Please suggest me some tools to do this.I am planning to run everyday
>> only incremental backup.
>
> rsync would be my first choice in this situation (if I understand your
> requirements correctly)

I second that. I've desided to run my rsync every five minutes which is/can
be a little nuicance for me since I replicate from my 'shell access server'
(where all/most users have access) to my two live web servers (round-robin).
But all in all, it works fine. The first time it can take a couple of hours
to do the sync, but rsync is quite clever to find out what files have been
changed, so the following sync's take 10 seconds (no changes) or a maximum
of a few minutes (some changes).

--
Cuba AK-47 quiche Ft. Meade Waco, Texas supercomputer Serbian North
Korea assassination pits radar nitrate attack Clinton PLO