Re: Why should I use Cyrus?

Chris Hilts wrote:

Cyrus has its own mailbox database which is standalone and increases performance (compared to Maildir and mbox format's)

Its recommended for high traffic mail servers from what i understand. I haven't actually used it, but the mailbox format is supposedly similar to Maildir, but tampering with anything inside the mailbox will corrupt the db, and the box is jacked at that point..

The cyrus homepage isn't all that informative IMO.. here are a few links

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Cyrus-IMAP.html
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/

Hope that helps...