Re: bandwidth dimensioning

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:51:10 +0100, Michelle wrote in message
<[🔎] 20051115185109.GE362@freenet.de>:

> Hi Arnt,
>
> Am 2005-11-14 22:07:43, schrieb Arnt Karlsen:
>
> > ..when you sell this kinda service to end users, phase them in so
> > slowly that the early ones get their disks filled up and slow down,
> > to make
>
> This is not right, because the two systems (Lucent ORINOCO COR-1100
> and Proxim Tsunami MP.11a) will allow to eaxh user e.g. 128 kByte
> up to the limit of the internet connection.

..you here assume Eduardo has no other choise but use the same kinda
hardware you're using for throttling.

..I sold my isp a box with this: fmb.no/ipcop/setup-cbq-0.0.5.tar.bz2

> After this, the Bandwidth will be shared equal between the $USERS
>
> So, if you have 512 kBit Internet connection, then 4 $USERS will
> have 128 kBit
>
> If you have 8 USERS, the will get automaticly 64 kBit. But this
> is dynamicly routed.

..ok, but some will be surfing the same sites, so you can also use proxy
servers to save some bandwidth and speed up surf speed.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: