Re: Recommendations for server: Intel E7520

Hi,

I'm talking with the local supplier of SuperMicro right now, and we've
been talking about various machines. Looks like we're going for SATA 5
anyway.

> onboard ICH5 SATA controller. We left the other two drive bays disconnected.
> I have yet to try the Zero Slot Adaptec controller that they are

He has an ICH6 SATA controller in one machine he offered to us.
Would that work out of the box? Any experiences?

And with the ICH5 controller, did you have to do anything special to get
it to work?

Regards
Ann