Re: bandwidth dimensioning

Hello Eduardo,

  look in pricelist of some ISP - for example ADSL providers. What is
  want is called aggregation. Some of them specify it in their
  pricelists. For example: 128kbit aggregation 1:20. It simply means
  that for 20 users, you have 128kbit bandwidth. Usual aggregations
  for ADSL are about 1:20 - 1:50 for cheap programs and up to 1:5 for
  more expensive ones.

  But I think it works only when you have many users. Like for every
  1000 users of 128kbit, you have (1000/20)*128 bandwidth. It is very
  unlikely that all users will be using their whole 128kbit at the
  same time. And if for some time yes, aggregation is mentioned in
  pricelist, so they can't do anything about it.

  This is how it works for cheap internet connections. No ISP can
  provide guaranted 128kbit for every customer at low price.

--
  bYE, Marki