Re: ticket systems

One of my clients has a problem in that some of their customers do
not have internet access (shocking, I'm sure), so there should be a
back door. They have trained the secretary to take calls directly
into the TTS, so even if you don't publish the web interface, it is
handy.

Also, while there are times when you have to "make it policy," I try
to avoid it as much as possible, especially when moving clients from
an existing, free form system to what they may perceive as a more
restrictive one. Instead, I make it seem simpler (and it is) to use
the TTS by promptly calling/e-mailing for more information when they
use the system, and tending to go more slowly on the sticky notes.
If someone calls, I generally ask for an e-mail "to help my poor
memory."

Seems to have worked so far.

Rod