Re: ticket systems

On 10/19/05, W.D.McKinney <dee@akwireless.net> wrote:

> [...]

I have installed OTRS many times before, Its truly a testament to OSS.
Get on the mailing list and watch it for a few days, your mouth will
drop on all the ways people have modified to taste. If you can think
it, its probably been done. I also know of several large companies
that use OTRS also.

I do have to agree with Henrique, the learning curve is harsh, I would
suggest setting up a distribution list that so anything sent to
helpdesk@domain.com will go to OTRS while your learning the system,
and set your mailer to send anything to some common mailbox or
/dev/null.

http://otrs.org/

-Erik-