creating complete OS image

Hello People,

What's the best practise when doing disaster recovery ?

I have servers which I've configured putting quite some effort. I'm
scared what would happen if the hard drive crashes. As a prevention
measure I was thiking of making out a complete image of my present OS.

Now if the machine dies (say the hard drive) I could quickly replace the
hard drive, re-deploy the image on it and restart the machine.
And the server should work absolutely fine.

Is this best practise ? Are there utilities availabe to make this task
happen ?

Regards,

rrs
--